Travelling to Málaga
The best way to travel to Malaga is by plane. There are direct flights to many cities in Europe. If you fly through Madrid you could want to catch a high speed train that takes 2:30 hours to reach Malaga.
Arrival in Malaga
There are three ways to travel into town from the international airport "Pablo Ruiz Picasso":
- A taxi from the airport to Malaga centre costs about 25-30€ and takes roughly 15-30 minutes to reach the city. The rank is located directly outside the arrival terminal.
- Trains leave the station connected by a pedestrian walkway to the departure terminal every 15 minutes (C-1, in blue). The trip is about 12 minutes and a ticket costs 1.75€. Depending on your hotel, you can prefer leaving the train at Málaga-Renfe (the main railway station) or at Centro-Alameda. You have to walk about 10-15 minutes to reach the hotels at the city center from Centro-Alameda station.
- Bus Line A (see info) travels into town every 30 minutes aprox., and a ticket costs 3€. The stop is located directly outside the arrival terminal. (Drivers usually do not accept notes over 5€.) You could leave it at the railway station or at one bus stop in Alameda Principal in the very city center.
There are two different areas from which you can easily reach the conference venue: near the city center and next to the train station. Our travel agency can help you in the search if wished.
Reaching the conference
The best way to reach ETSI Telecomunicacion is by public transport. You can find detailed information on the official web pages for bus and for underground. You can download the Campus map including bus and underground stop location.
Clearly, the fastest way to reach the Campus from the railway station and hotels in the surroundings is by the very new underground transport Metro Malaga. From the stop located just at the entrance of the railway station, named El Perchel, you will reach L1 Andalucia Tech station See underground plan, 20 meters from ETSI Telecomunicación, in about 12 minutes. One-way ticket cost 1.35€ but if you buy a “Tarjeta Monedero” (rechargeable card, minimum 5€), it will cost only 0.82€.
Two bus lines take you to Campus de Teatinos, numbers 11 and 25, from the city center. One-way tickets cost 1.30€.
- Line 11 See the route on Google Maps
A reliable line. You can catch it at Paseo del Parque or at Alameda Principal. It leaves approximately every 12 minutes. It follows the Avenida de Andalucia and Avenida Blas Infante, and reaches Boulevar Louis Pasteur in about 20 or 30 minutes. You should leave the bus at the last stop. From it, you can see our building, which is 100m from the bus stop, toward the west.
- Line 25 See the route on Google Maps
Route begins in Paseo del Parque, near Plaza del General Torrijos, it leaves you at the limits of the Campus, but also very near ETSI Telecomunicación, and it is faster. You can catch the one that leaves at 08:05 or 08:17 (although timetables are not very reliable for this line). It will leave you in the corner between Jimenez Fraud and Avenida Padre Andrés Llordén. Be careful: the bus follows its trip toward a village several kilometers away from Malaga. From the bus stop, you can see our building, which is 100 m from the bus stop, toward the north.
Campus Universitario de Teatinos s/n
Participants equipped with wireless card 802.11b/g will be able to take advantage of the wireless LAN facility, enabling them to connect to the Internet network. For the network settings please contact the reception desk.
During morning and afternoon breaks coffee, tea, and cold drinks will be served.
During conference full days, attendants will be offered lunch.
All registered participants are invited to meet at gala dinner.